[thelist] Opening Maximized Window

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Jun 25 09:02:01 CDT 2002

> You have to do it with JavaScript...and as far as I know, you can't
actually
> maximize the window.  You _can_ find the maximum height and width for the
> available desktop space and set your browser size to that.  So you'd have
> write yourself a little JavaScript function that was called OnLoad.

Hmmm.  If I recall correctly, this code worked for me once:

<script language=JavaScript>
function openFull() {
    ns4 = (document.layers)? true: false
    if (ns4) {
        h = screen.height
        w = screen.width

window.open("NewPage.html","","screenX=0,screenY=0,height="+(h-30)+",width="
+(w-10)+",directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,s
tatus=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no")
    }
    else {

window.open(NewPage.html','','fullscreen=yes,directories=no,location=no,menu
bar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no')
    }
}
</script>

This code goes in the calling page, NOT NewPage, and it will open NewPage
fullscreen.  Just use this:

<A href="javascript://" ONCLICK="javascript:openFull();">
      Open Full Screen Window
   </A>

in the calling page.

I found this code in a page I made once.  No guarantees it works. :)

Hershel