[thelist] PHP Automated Downloads WAS PHP, JAVA File retrieval

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Jun 25 09:45:01 CDT 2002

Howdy!

After further research I have found that the JAVA problem is non-existant,
so here is what I am left with:

On a remote https server;

1. Access the login page with 3 pieces of information to be passed.
Unfortunately this information cannot be passed via URL.
2. Activate login which creates a session id (JSP pages)
3. Retrieve list of files from a page to compare against files already
downloaded (no problem here)
4. Retrieve files via download (zip format). I believe I can accomplish this
with fopen or fsockopen.

I hope to do this via a stand alone PHP executable called by a CRON on a
daily basis. Any ideas for passing the three variables to the login page and
activating the login? I am trying more stuff now that I know more about the
location of these files, but no success yet.

Thanks!

Jay