[thelist] Need Form HTML Help

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Tue Jun 25 09:53:00 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:31:25 -0700
"Paul J. Warman" <cpwarman at lvcm.com> wrote:

> 1: "How (and if) can I concatenate several fields and check boxes
> from a FrontPage 2000 form into one variable to pass with the
> submit?"  If this is not possible, does anyone know where I can get
> a Java Script to accomplish this. I program in Cobol, Fortran, RPG,
> some BAL and VBA, but I know nothing about Java or JavaScript.

You can't with HTML, I don't know about JavaScript, but it isn't
something I would consider using something as unreliable as JS for
anyway. I suggest getting a server side script written in Perl, PHP or
ASP to handle the form instead of using FrontPage Extensions.

> 2: My second question is given:
>
> <form method="POST" name="form" action="https://paybycheck.com/">
> <form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" onSubmit=""> this is
> form FrontPage 2000
>
> Is it possible to get both of the above POST actions to happen on
> one click of the submit button.

No, a form can only have one action, you would have to rig your server
side script to deal with both functions. Additionally given that the
paybecheck site using an https connection I would imagine you are
submitting sensitive data - make sure you use an https connection if
you submit data to your FrontPage Extension (or replacement script
that relays the data to paybycheck)

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.