[thelist] Escape of the Commas!

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Tue Jun 25 14:59:01 CDT 2002

   From: Ken Kogler <ken.kogler at cph.org>

   Sounds like a cheesy B-movie title, but it pertains to my question:

   I've got multiple form elements (checkboxes, in this case) with the same
   name. Sometimes, their values contain commas. I'd like to escape or replace

   Anyone know how to escape those pesky comma values?

&#44; ought do it.  44 is the ascii (decimal) value for the comma character.  in
hex it's 0x2C, if you prefer it that way.

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski       jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders \\ members.evolt.org/jswiders

"The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Roger Brinner