[thelist] [ot] annoying click sound that explorer generates...

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jun 26 14:37:04 CDT 2002

At 12:57 AM 6/27/2002, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
>Could someone tell me how to please disable the "click" sound that
>IE5 generates every stinking time I click on a link...its driving me
>mad. I've searched everywhere to no avail, I know you can turn it off
>I have done it before, but I'm coming up empty.

1. Open the Sounds and Multimedia Control Panel applet.

2. Select the Sounds tab.

3. Under Sound Events, navigate to the Internet Explorer section.

4. Navigate to Start Navigation and remove the sound for this event by
selecting "none."

5. Click OK.

Did you Google for "disable the Internet Explorer click sound"? :p

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant