[thelist] VARIABLE(s): asp/vbscript (referencing/pointers)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jun 26 15:14:00 CDT 2002

that is a darn good idea too. i think i like this one the best so far.

> If you rethink your problem you can usually come up with an
> easier solution.

that's why i like to post to the list. it allows me to get different
perspectives and ideas from more experienced people, possibly such as
yourself.

case in point, in a recent thread entitled "auto-sized boxes..."
Jonathan A McPherson (i think that's correct) was wanting to know how to
achieve the equivalent of 'nowrap' in CSS. although he was doing more
complicated CSS than i've ever tried or could write (right now at least)
he never thought about the nowrap command.

so my point is that although he's more knowledgeable than i am in CSS,
he was too close to the problem for too long that he didn't even
consider nowrap.

so thanks for the array idea.

chris.