[thelist] Is http://here.localhost/ possible ?

darren darren at web-bitch.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 16:12:01 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 26, 2002 at 19:28, Craig wrote:

C> Thanks for all your responses so quickly!

C> Unfortunately IIS5.1 under XP Pro only allows one website so I can't point
C> the different hostnames to different websites :(

have a look in the inetpub/adminscripts directory.  there should be one
called something like mkw3site.vbs which will create a new top-level
website.

the syntax is something like:

   mkw3site -r d:\path\to\site -h hostName --DontStart -t "Site Title" -v

the hostname is the same name that you would put in your hosts file, and is
shown under the hosts header name under iis.

you can only have one site running at once, but you can have several
websites pointing to different places.

hth,

darren