[thelist] [ot] annoying click sound that explorer generates...

Craig cd-ml at aardvark.net.au
Thu Jun 27 01:15:02 CDT 2002

I'm using WinXP Pro so it might be different for you depending on your OS.

To disable the "click" sound every time you click a link, do the following:
--Go into Control Panel and select Sounds and Audio Devices.
--Click on the Sounds tab.
--Scroll down the list until you see "Windows Explorer" and then "Start
Navigation".  If you take the sound out of "Start Navigation" it should
solve the problem.

Failing that, go through your sounds and find the one that "Clicks" and
change it. :)

Regards,
Craig.