[thelist] Cache

Jeff C jeffc33 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 27 09:48:08 CDT 2002

Steve,

If the page is .asp and if it isn't top level, you can add a fake query
string to the link that calls the page.

Here is what I used to get around a similar problem.  On the page that links
to the page I wanted to always be fresh, I added this:

<script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">var now= new Date();
var nowTime=now.getTime();document.write("<a href=
'/feedback/inquiry/reportpulls.asp?" + nowTime + "'>")</script> Report
Pulls</a>

This gives me a link that looks like this :

reportpulls.asp?1025188766936

Since there is no version of that page with that query string cached, it
will retrieve the page again from the server.

HTH,

jeffc