[thelist] SMTP/IIS5: how to filter and efficiently send e-mail

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Jun 27 13:04:00 CDT 2002

hi.

two things in this post to the list (which i appreciate greatly.)

1. i just read an article at 15 Seconds
(http://www.15seconds.com/issue/011016.htm) which describes an easy way
to filter spam using keywords and a VBS file. my question to you people
is, are there any other scripts like this? do you use one? how would i
deregister this sort of thing if it caused undesired results? (it is
registered by creating an event sink)

2. i'm looking for an article that i once read about using FSO to send
email instead of the CDONTS. for example instead of creating the email
through script you write a text file to an SMTP directory so that server
can take care of the mail at it's own pace. as it stands now, i'm trying
to send up to five emails one right after the in an .asp file. however
only the first one is coming through and i think it might be because
they are being fired too quickly. does anyone know what article i'm
talking about? or be able to give me instructions (example) on how i can
use the FSO to do this?

thanks a lot.

chris.

p.s. are there ever any evolt-er meetings? i live and work around l.a.