[thelist] revisited: css positioning

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 27 23:55:01 CDT 2002

Ok guys. After some of the advice I received, I revamped my whole idea and
code, producing something that is tremendously better and far easier to
update/manage.

http://www.cilon.com/test/layout.html

When validating the above page for CSS however (just click link on right), I
get an error where it says background not specified with color. Yet the way
my CSS is nested, both are specified.

My question is, do I need to specify both of these in the same class? It
seems otherwise my nesting isn't being recognized for some reason.

And my last question is quite broad. I'm moving in the direction of using
CSS to control 100% of my styles and I think I've accomplished that with
this site. I'm just wondering if anyone has any critiques on my CSS and if I
successfully did what I hoped to do.

Thanks

ted