[thelist] Netscape 6+ insecure?

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov
Fri Jun 28 08:57:01 CDT 2002

Chris,

No, I haven't -- my guess is that your bank
(a) has not even tried NS 6/7, and
(b) does not want to take the time to test their site in yet _another_
browser until its market penetration is significant enough to warrant doing
so.

Most customers don't understand the difference between browser failure and
site failure, so corporate entities (wisely) do a lot of testing on a
browser before they'll admit to supporting it.

BTW, the Mozilla codebase has produced an impressively secure browser; there
has only been one well-known vulnerability that I know about, and it's been
patched since RC2 -- whereas IE has 18 unpatched vulnerabilities right
now[1].

--
Jonathan McPherson, LMIT/SD&I
Software Engineer & Web Systems Analyst