[thelist] Re: Hn tags

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 28 10:47:01 CDT 2002

rudy said:
>> Ahh, but if the standards don't meet your needs now, you're
>> perfectly capable of extending them (as long as you're using XHTML).
>
> hey, that's a pretty good idea

course it is. :P

> nothing like an evolt article to flex one's, ahem, writerly skillz

l33t skillz!

> should be fun to see how your standard address consecutive numbers

It uhh.. doesn't. It doesn't have a dtd or anything like that at all. It's
just a quick example showing how to make header containers. I could have
done a dtd and all to go with it, but it didn't seem worth it for one little
tag. Maybe if I write a more generic xml namespaces article i'll include a
dtd for something or other. Then again, probably not. Those things are damn
ugly.

Besides, the article encourages people to make their own extensions as they
need 'em. Innovation of this sort won't flourish in a closed environment.
not without making people add yet another xmlns for their own additions. Ugh.

<tip type="XHTML" author="Lachlan">
If you're using XHTML 1.0 Strict, you may as well upgrade to 1.1. The only
changes are the dropping of the name attribute in a in favour of the id
attribute on any element, and the dropping of lang in favour of xml:lang.
Oh, and the doctype change of course.
</tip>

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/