[thelist] Re: Shopping Sites, Credit Cards

Keith cache at dowebscentral.com
Sun Jun 30 22:15:01 CDT 2002

At 02:53 PM Sunday 6/30/2002, Madhu wrote:

>I've tried to make Paypal payments a few times, and it keeps telling me
>that my address couldn't be verified. I guess it doesn't work for people in
>India either.

Requiring address verification is a choice that the website makes to get
chargeback protection. The website can turn that off if they are willing to
put up with the chargeback liabilities. AVS is a VISA feature, not a PayPal
feature, although I think more PayPal merchants opt for it than other card
sites do.

Keith
cache at dowebscentral.com