[thelist] Re: Opera Newbie Question

Nathan Wright ominous at rmh-d.com
Wed Jul 3 15:58:01 CDT 2002

I've been using Opera for about a year (just recently made it my primary browser) and I've noticed this too ... as far
as I know there isn't much you can do about it (something to do with the way/rate that Opera refreshes your screen).
One of Opera's odd little quirks. Once you get past those quirks, there's a lot to like about the browser (like the fact
that it will view WAP sites; that you can go to a page you're working on, hit "CTRL + ALT + V" and it will automatically
validate that page with the w3c validator; their bundled email client, while simple, is also VERY easy to use and
fantasically simple to move contacts from one computer to another; etc.).

One of the other nice things about Opera is that if it works in Opera, there's a fairly good chance it will work in IE and
NN6+/Mozilla (at least that's been my experience). Not to say that it's not lacking certain things (like better DOM
support, certain CSS features, etc.), but overall, a heck of a bang for the buck.