[thelist] JS for dropdown links?

Jackson Yee jyee at vt.edu
Fri Jul 5 11:12:01 CDT 2002

[frown] How did this get sent as text/html when it was typed into a textarea
in a webmail interface?

Let me try sending this tip again, and then try to figure out if it's my
campus mail server or some other server that's at fault.

<tip author="Jackson Yee" type="JavaScript Select Box Accessibility">
Although automatic navigation upon change of a select box using JavaScript can
be very convenient for most viewers of your site, make sure to provide normal
link-based navigation in a tag for those viewers who do not use JavaScript or
have JavaScript disabled.
</tip>

Regards,
Jackson Yee
jyee at vt.edu
http://www.jacksonyee.com/

> Just make sure that you provide an alternative form of navigation besides
the
> select box for those of us who either cannot use JavaScript or have
JavaScript