[thelist] OT: Recommended E-commerce software

McCoy, Alan amccoy at goodmanct.com
Fri Jul 5 11:32:01 CDT 2002

:: > Are there any suggestions for a fairly inexpensive
:: e-commerce software
:: > package for building fully functional shopping carts. I
:: have found a
:: > few but wanted some opinions of what's being used among
:: web designers,
:: > particularly designer's in a home business.

I've used PHPShop <http://www.phpshop.org> for a client and had pretty
good success with it. I had to do some tweaks here and there to add some
functionality, but otherwise it's pretty nice. I'd also check into
finding a host that has Interchange <http://interchange.redhat.com>
installed. Interchange is pretty darn sweet. Lets you do all the
standard shop admin stuff, plus manage affiliate links and a bunch of
other nit-picky settings.

Hope that helps.

Alan