[thelist] Advice on authoring HTML email

Don Makoviney don at aspalliance.com
Fri Jul 5 11:51:01 CDT 2002

Andy,

No one should tell you to "never" use HTML Email. There are plenty of great
opportunities to use it. Unfortunately, like FLASH, too many people abuse
it's power and give it a bad name.

Coincidentally, I just rewrote my app that I send my weekly WebDev/Usability
out to so it can send HTML Email over at Makovision.com.

It's hard to provide a definitive resource on HTML Email apps because it
totally depends on what technology you are using.

For instance, my application is written on ASP using VB Script and CDONTS.
If you have access to an NT Web Server, I can provide you with the code you
need.

Let me know, I'd be glad to help.

Thanks,

Don Makoviney

MAKOVISION.COM
"Handpicked News For Internet Developers"
http://www.makovision.com/

Get the FREE Newsletter
"Cutting Through The Crap"
http://www.makovision.com/subs/