[thelist] using mySQL with JSP/Tomcat

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 15:29:00 CDT 2002

--- Hassan Schroeder <hassan at webtuitive.com> wrote:
> Now, your JSP:<snip>

Hassan, I get this error:

Undefined variable or class name: RS while (RS.next())

I used your code as is except used a simple table I made with one
column and 2 values, changed the SQL to "SELECT * FROM myTable"

This is better than where I was, when I try this in a standalone java
program:

Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();

I get a class definition not found, cannot locate driver error..but
for some reason in the JSP it works?

Also I get this strange error too, but I don't think it affects
anything:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPNote: sun.tools.javac.Main has been deprecated.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();
http://www.pixelmech.com/