[thelist] using mySQL with JSP/Tomcat

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Jul 5 15:50:01 CDT 2002

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> Undefined variable or class name: RS while (RS.next())

Crap, trying to do too many things at once -- copy/paste error,
my bad.

Here's where RS got defined:

	thisStatement = "SELECT * from myTestTable";
	ResultSet RS = Stmt.executeQuery(thisStatement);

	while (RS.next())

> I get a class definition not found, cannot locate driver error..but
> for some reason in the JSP it works?

Classpath problem, most likely. After you add a jar file to your
classpath in Windows, you have to open a new window for it to be
recognized when you try to compile your standalone app.

Sorry for the misleading example!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --