[thelist] Pop up unseen data from same page.

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Jul 5 16:07:07 CDT 2002

> I want to have a pop up window linked from a page,
> but not have to create a separate page to contain
> the content of the pop up.

"popup" implies javascript, so you could just document.write() the contents
into the popup window, rather than having a separate page

http://developer.irt.org/script/window.htm will probably have something you
could adapt immediately

on *cough* another list yesterday, somebody posted this link --

  http://www.scriptasylum.com/misc/popup/popup.html

i think they look really cute, but i don't know how cross-browser they are,
and the fact that the page they're on has a humungous horizontal scrollbar
is enough to reject them (to me, anyway)

rudy