[thelist] banding in jpegs using mozilla in 16 bit display

Michele Wandrei michele at inthree.com
Fri Jul 5 22:48:00 CDT 2002

> Everything looks fine in Mozilla1.0 IE5.2 and Opera5 on OS X at
millions
> of colours, but at thousands (65000 odd colours?) mozilla1 has
banding
> in the grey trunk area of the telegraph pole.

Hi Adrian,

I ran into the same mysterious banding problem once before.  It
only happened when I tried to line up a .jpg image with a .gif
background image.  The whole page rendered with nasty greenish
gray bands all over it, but it seemed to happen at random.  The
problem was solved when I converted the jpeg file to a gif.

Hope this helps,
Michele
Michele Wandrei
inThree Design