[thelist] ASP and form question

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sat Jul 6 13:35:01 CDT 2002

I switched the set objMail and Response.Redirect positions ... and I changed the name of the form to Order_Form and renamed the first <input> name to Order_Info_Form to match the objMail.From.

Still not working. The SMTP is fine 'cause I tested this form originally before creating the ASP file to redirect to a Confirmation page. . .and I received the form output.

Sorry about all this. I came up with this script with the help of two ASP programmers on an ASP forum. Perhaps I'm not understanding something in the form itself. I've not used <input hidden> instructions before -- only simple mailto: instructions. And this is my first experience with ASP as well.

Anyway, this is the latest:

<%
Dim objMail
set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objMail.From = Request.Form("Order_Info_Form")
objMail.Subject = "Message from The Chocolate Foundry"
objMail.To = "sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com"
objMail.Body  = "Sent by: " & Request.Form("name") & vbCrlf & vbCrlf & Request.Form("message")
objMail.Send
set objMail = nothing

Response.Redirect("confirm.html")
%>

<form name="Order_Form" action="process.asp" method="post" enctype="text/plain" onSubmit="return Order_Form_Validator(this)"><input type="hidden" name="Order_Info_Form" value="sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com">
<input type="hidden" name="order_bcc" value="cheftrain at yahoo.com">