[thelist] Javascript help!

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 7 14:51:01 CDT 2002

Hi all

Okay, I can script good, clean, valid html, xhtml, css that works well
and people seem to like.  This has got me so far, but my complete
achilles heal is JavaScript.  I'm fed up of using the Macromedia stuff
or downloading free scripts from the internet, and really want to learn
it.

Can anyone recommend a good JS forum where I can go and learn?  Books
are good up to a point, but practial help is always so much better.

Cheers

Francis

<tip type="jobs" author="Francis Storr">
This won't apply to everyone, but did to me.  Been made redundant and
trying to find another IT job?  Sometimes it pays to look in a less
obvious place.  I worked in a junior role in a small software firm last
year, and got made redundant.  After a few months getting nowhere, I
took a job in an insurance company which happened to have a very large
intranet (6,500 or so pages).  After 2 months in a job answering
telephones, I made my past experiences known.  I produced a small xhtml
+ css site which went down well with some of the directors and other key
members of staff.  To cut a longer story short, I'm now responsible for
intranet development and communication for about 900 staff and about 52
managers.  And about 900 pages of "html" converted from excel,
powerpoint, word and publisher that I'm about to start cleaning up.