[thelist] MySQL insert fails

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Jul 8 00:48:01 CDT 2002

> $sql = "SELECT date FROM reservations WHERE custid = $id";
> $result = mysql_query($sql, $db);
>
> It looks a lot cleaner to me.

To me, too. (two?)

> Regarding your earlier query about the fetch_array function,
> I don't bother specifying both, or numeric or associative..
[ . . . ]
>             if (!is_numeric($key))

Ah; that answers the question nicely. Thanks.

> But personally, I don't see the point... (and I hate your
> bracket syntax, btw :P)

Haven't we been 'round this bush before, my good man? As Emerson said, "A
foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." <insert Troll-O-Meter
here>

Thanks Lach. Now that I've found your weakness, I'll be pestering you
endlessly to make me a PHP/MSQL expert, just like you ;)

joel