[thelist] Throwing books

Matt mspiegler at lightbulbpress.com
Mon Jul 8 12:49:00 CDT 2002

They're also not nearly as expensive and delicate. How many eBook
readers or laptops can you bend, rip, sit on, spill coffee on, get
rained on, drop out a window, and still have it work flawlessly? Books
are still a technological marvel as far as I'm concerned. My very first
Javascript book is probably still lying somewhere under the L tracks in
Chicago after I put it on the railing and then knocked it off with my
elbow. If that had been a RocketBook or god forbid a my laptop I would
have freaked the f*ck out. as it was I swore, shrugged, and walked away.

.matt