[thelist] ASP.net form handling

darren darren at web-bitch.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 13:13:01 CDT 2002

On Monday, July 8, 2002 at 14:05, Norman Beresford wrote:

NB> So what I want to do is
NB> hide the form elements whilst displaying a sign saying "Thank you" etc etc.
NB> What I've just done is wrapped the whole form inside an
NB> <asp:Label></asp:Label> tag, and set the visability of that to False when
NB> the page is postedback:

NB> Is this the correct way to do it, or should I be doing it some other way?

i'd do it pretty much like that, but use the <asp:placeholder ... />
control instead of the label.  note, this *may* cause a few problems
with other form fields prefixing their name with that of the
placeholder to guarantee that they are unique.

NB> Also could anyone recommend a really good ASP.net mailing list?

take a look at the lists at aspfriends.com.  there a quite a few .net
lists for your delight and delectation.  some still have the ms .net
team hanging out on them.

hth,

darren.