[thelist] ASP: Shopping Cart Theory

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Mon Jul 8 14:24:01 CDT 2002

> Maybe you could test for cookies and use
> another solution in the seldom event that
> they are not available.

That's twice the work! :)

I think I'll just try it with session vars, and if any calls come in about
the cart not working, I'll have to deal with it then. I really don't think
anyone blocks cookies from first-party sources anymore, do they? I can
understand blocking ones that come from a domain other than the one you're
currently on (IE and Moz -- and maybe opera? -- have this built into their
options, AFAIK). At the very least, some advanced users out there might get
prompted that the shopping cart is trying to write a cookie... hopefully
they'll be bright enough to figure out that's it's necessary.

--ken