[thelist] ASP and form question

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Mon Jul 8 18:37:01 CDT 2002

> Thanks for the suggestion, Michael. I've doublechecked my
> form field names but I'll check again. The method has always

Home phone and work phone are still two words in the form. Otherwise, the
names look right.

> been POST for this form. Again, I wonder if I should get rid
> of the <input type=hidden> declarations I now have in the
> form. url is: http://www.chefsteve.com/chocfoundry/html/order.html

They seem superfluous. I'd nuke 'em. They're not adding any value to the
script in process.asp.

> Since I've changed objMail.Body to strBody, I take it that
> your shortened method below would work just as well? Or, do
> strBody's have to be written out individually for some reason?
>
> Sharon

You can do it either way. But if you're getting the mail now, I'd leave it
alone! I can't see why the form fields aren't passing to the script, but I'm
cross-eyed from typing all day so maybe it's just me.

Fix the home and work phone field names, and kill those hidden fields, and
let's see what happens.

joel