[thelist] ASP and form question -- FINAL SOLUTION

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Mon Jul 8 19:23:01 CDT 2002

Voila! Whooopeeee! Yipeeeee! Yaaaaaaah!

Removal of the enctype did it! I didn't put in "application/x-www-form-urlencoded". I just erased the enctype altogether. All the form data now appears in the email!!!!!! Before I crashed on the sofa, I saw James message come in, so tried it out, and that was it!

What a trip. Thanks, James, for the "final leg of this journey" solution. And to all of you Evolters who stuck with me throughout, there are no words. You're the creme de l'creme.

and I've learned a lot through all this. Would like to take a look at some tutorials so I can really start learning VBscript. Can't remember if any were suggested during this endeavor. But if you would, that'd be great.

love to you all,
Sharon

I'm sure I owe some tips. After the nap .....   (<8

On Monday, July 08, 2002 4:57 PM James Aylard wrote:

>     Your method is fine, but it's your enctype attribute that's causing the
> problem (or at least part of it). You have:
>
> enctype="text/plain"
>
>     It should be "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", although dropping the
> enctype attribute altogether is probably your best bet.
>
> James Aylard
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com