[thelist] blogging software

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Tue Jul 9 18:15:01 CDT 2002

On July 09, 2002 at 15:41, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> Can anyone give me any insight on this? Should I stay with MT or is
> there something easier to deal with?

	The only one that comes close AFAIK is Greymatter by Noah Grey.
http://www.noahgrey.com/greysoft/
	He isn't working on it anymore but they still have an active forum.
There are a couple features that it supports that MT doesn't, such as
creating custom calenders (monthly/weekly) and a voting thingee which you
could grab from a Google search and implement a hand rolled version to add
to MT if you really want something like that.
	It uses Perl 5 only, whereas MT also supports those that prefer to
use MySQL instead (probably more secure). If you were able to set up MT,
then you should be able to do GM also, but not sure if it's worth the hassle of
changing over. I use MT now myself after trying GM and two others that I
won't even mention 'cause they didn't compare to MT and GM.

HTH!

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development
www.markgroen.com