[thelist] questions about domain transfer

Erick Papadakis erick_papadakis at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 21:38:01 CDT 2002

hi, i guess i speak for many when i say that i am fed up with network
solutions/verisign. i want to shift to someone, perhaps register.com or
godaddy.com. (i have heard good things about both, but funny, neither of
them has replied to me since nearly 4 days).

basically, i think my silly questions are:

1. if i have say 10 domains with netsol, all of which are paid for three
years, and i transfer them to godaddy. do i need to pay for these domains
to godaddy again? or the 3-years payment is also transfered with the
name?

2. do u think it is good to have all domain names with one registrar? i
have noticed that most people who own more than 5 domains usually
maintain them with more than one...is this just "trial and error" (a
matter of happenstance) or is there a logical rationale to go with
different registrars?

thanks for any insight.

erick