[thelist] JAVASCRIPT: open window based on image size

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Wed Jul 10 11:41:02 CDT 2002

> what i want to do is open a popup window that
> is the same size as an image. and be
> dynamic of course.

Chris,

Your question is a little unclear. Are you looking for a way to detect image
height/width using javascript? Or would using ASP (which you mentioned in
your response to Burhan Khalid) work for you?

I've got an ASP function that can "figure out" the dimensions of an image...
from there, it's a simple matter of writing out the javascript popup
function:

openWindow('something/else.htm','','width=<%= width %>height=<%= height
%>');

(that's psuedo-code, btw -- don't copy/paste it! :)

If you want the ASP image functions, msg me offlist and I'll hook you up.

-ken