[thelist] Stopping an asp page from executing

David at softv.net David at softv.net
Wed Jul 10 12:48:01 CDT 2002

Response.End will halt all processing.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Weiss [mailto:jweiss at cei.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 1:41 PM
To: Thelist
Subject: [thelist] Stopping an asp page from executing

First off, I'm still new to ASP, so please bear with me.

I'm trying to add some server side validation to an order form.  So, I got a
VBScript off the 4guysfromrolla site and have added it, but I'm running into
the problem that when the script finishes and returns the errors to the user
the server keeps on processing the rest of the page.   Obviously I'm wanting
everything to stop if the validation script displays the errors.

I already have this page running scripts to do a db query and a db add if
the query comes back okay.  In order to get around this same problem with
the db query I wrote a huge For Next statement with some If Then's thrown in
for good measure.  But that is getting a bit cumbersome and I'm thinking
there has to be a better way to make the server think it's reached EOF for
the asp page and quit processing it.... right?

In Christ,
Jeremy Weiss