[thelist] Here's One: Background Music

nagrom morgan at morgankelsey.com
Wed Jul 10 16:26:01 CDT 2002

i know you don't want plug-ins, but flash works as a reasonable mp3 player.
you could check if they have flash enabled, and if they do serve up a
teeny-little 1-1pixel movie that plays the sound clip.

wavs will work as backgrounds for PCs (dont know about macs) but tend to be
BIG files.

MIDI files will also work, but they dont actually contain any audio
themselves, just instructions to the sound card for which note to play, what
instrument to use, rhythm, tempo, etc. The better the person's sound card,
the better it will sound. But you can't rip a CD to MIDI, someone has to
create the MIDI instructions.

hope that helps,

nagrom
http://www.morgankelsey.com