[thelist] photoshop 6 text tool problem

birdie bird at koolfish.com
Thu Jul 11 03:00:01 CDT 2002

When I save and close a photoshop document and then open it say a day
later 50% of the time any text that I had on separate layers in the
document becomes un-editable. The little T icon is not next to it in the
layers palette and I can't do anything with it apart from move it
around. When I place the text tool on it this strange sort of line with
handles appears. I can not change the font, colour etc. I then have to
redo any text layers again if they need changing. This is becoming
frustrating and also such a waste of valuable time. Has anybody any idea
what I may be doing wrong? Is there some setting I should be aware of?
It does it only about 50 % of the time. I am trying to think if it does
it after I have flattened the image to slice it up, but I always
unflatten it and leave all the layers in tact before I save it and close
them down.

I never had this problem when I had 5.5

Any suggestions?

Thanks