[thelist] photoshop 6 text tool problem

Chris Price chris.price at stl.org
Thu Jul 11 03:40:01 CDT 2002

One frustration I had with Photoshop was applying artistic effects to a text layer and/or one with layer effects. If I want to play with the image as a whole I sometimes 'save as' a tiff (which will be a copy). If I want to manipulate a layer (with effects) I will make 2 copies of the layer and merge the copies together which will rasterize any effects or type.

I presume, when you say you unflatten the image, you mean you go back through the history. This should restore fully but I wouldn't rely on it as a procedure.

If in doubt I would save the file as a psd and do your slicing on a copy. I have never had Photoshop rasterize my type when I was unaware of it. The only issue I have is with having the fonts live before opening Photoshop.
--
Chris
STL

	... Has anybody any idea