[thelist] RE: Central London Beervolt tonight

paul morgan paul.morgan at fortune-cookie.com
Thu Jul 11 04:35:01 CDT 2002

Sorry I have to break my list and beervolt virginity on a down note...

Hi Martin,

I turned up last night, but it appeared that nobody else did. If they did
it was sure hard to pick you out amongst all the deaf signers there and then
the tourists and students. Could you perhaps have a little sign on the table
or at least some indicator where you are next time... if there is to be a
next time. I spent the best part of a couple of hours looking for you guys
and broke with my english stiff upper lip to ask various ppl 'is this the evolt group'
only to be met with quizzical or 'head fruiter' looks. It may be fine for ppl who have
been to one and know what you and the others look like but for debutantes such as
myself, I didn't have a clue whether I'd looked you in the eyes or not.

The only redeeming factor was of course, the beer.

Thanks,
paul   ;)