[thelist] validating radio buttons

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 16:52:01 CDT 2002

--- Andrew LaVallee <andrew at andrewlavallee.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to JS-validate radio buttons to make sure that users
> select one? I can pre-populate one, but I'd prefer to keep them
> totally blank.

I've seen this a lot lately. The default for a radio button group is
that one button is ALWAYS selected - even when the page loads.
Otherwise you are circumventing the way radio groups work.

The point is to allow 1, and only 1 selection. You are supposed to
provide a "default" selection, the user changes it if they wish.

The upside of this, is of course - you don't have to validate
anything.

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();