[thelist] best way to create "back" button

CV cervantes_vive at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 20:42:01 CDT 2002

I tried implementing a back button w/o JavaScript and
have not succeded. Using referer did not often work
since many privacy tools strip this. I used cookies
then (interestingly most privacy tools did allow this)
to "follow" a user but when the user clicks on the
physical 'back' browser button then their location
will be out of synch with the server :-b

If you can post how you solve this.