[thelist] W3C CSS Validator. Am I missing something?

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Sat Jul 13 07:16:00 CDT 2002

Using the W3C CSS validator I get the following error:
Line : 58 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #main
Line : 73 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #nav
Line : 79 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #top
Line : 87 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #bottom
However my css code is thus:
#main {
 position:inherit;
 top:10px;
 background-color:#ffcc99;
 margin-top:10px;
 margin-bottom:5px;
 margin-left:5px;
 margin-right:232px;
 border:1px solid #000;
 }

#nav {
 z-index:1;
 position:absolute;
 width:220px;
 right:6px;
 top:5px;
 margin-bottom:5px;
 background-color:#ffffcc;
 border:1px solid #000;
 }

#top {
 position:relative;
 background-color:#ffcc99;
 border:1px solid #996633;
 margin-right:232px;
 margin-left:5px;
 top:5px;
 }
#bottom {
 position:relative;
 background-color:#ffcc99;
 border:1px solid #000;
 margin-right:232px;
 margin-left:5px;
 margin-top:5px;
 }
I think I have my background-colors set. Am I missing something?

TIA and peace!
Daniel Medley