[thelist] W3C CSS Validator. Am I missing something?

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Sat Jul 13 07:24:01 CDT 2002

At 06:20 13/07/2002 -0700, Daniel Medley wrote:
>Using the W3C CSS validator I get the following error:
>Line : 58 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #main
>Line : 73 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #nav
>Line : 79 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #top
>Line : 87 Level : 1 You have no color with your background-color : #bottom

Are those warnings or errors? I thought they came up as warnings on the
validator.

Basically it means that it is good practise to always set a color: property
whenever you set a background-color. If you want to keep the same color
throughout just chuck in "color: inherit" and the warnings will go away.

Regards,

Simon Willison
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~cs1spw/blog/