[thelist] Formatting Scrollbar

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sat Jul 13 23:15:01 CDT 2002

Simon Willison wrote:
> It's a "no". Not a "big no", but it's a bad idea. Why? Because it isn't
> part of the W3C's standards - in fact if you use a doctype to put IE6 in to
> standards mode (which you should) it won't work at all.

Actually it will, it just has to be placed on the HTML element. Thus to
make it work in both IE6 and IE5 with a standards doctype, you can put
it on html, body {}

Not to say that I like coloured scrollbars, I don't (yet another reason
why I switched to Moz), but if you do have to do it, then you can.

--
Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/