[thelist] Re: my digest is (sometimes) broken

Carol Stein techwatcher at accesswriters.com
Tue Jul 16 12:43:07 CDT 2002

Message: 31
From: "Rich Gray" <richardgray at onetel.co.uk>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: RE: [thelist] Perl Form  to  PHP Form Part II
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:48:45 +0100

Hi, folks --

Now that my own machine is connected, I actually got around to installing my
ancient Eudora (version 4.0!) mail reader. I like that. It downloads mail from
all my accounts efficiently, and I can even work with mail offline. (-8

But, every once in awhile someone does something that breaks the digest. Here
is an example (quoted below):     ------------- <snip>

<? $alliwantis = (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) ? $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] :
null); if (is_null($alliwantis) || empty($alliwantis)) { echo "Nothing
selected!"; exit; } ?>
You selected - <? echo $alliwantis ?>

The next php script ... <? // next.php echo (isset($_POST['domain']) ?
$_POST['domain'] : "nowt passed"); // etc etc etc ?> HTH Rich -----Original
Message----- From: thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org]On Behalf Of Andrew Maynes Sent: 16 July
2002 14:22 To: thelist at lists.evolt.org Subject: [thelist] Perl Form to PHP Form
Part II Hi Shashank et al This solution worked perfectly for getting the
variable from the perl script into a php file. What I am now having problems
with is getting the retrieved info from the perl into a php 'form' so I can
then pass the array to another form? Does this make sense? Cheers Andrew
Subject: RE: [thelist] Perl Form to PHP Form <? $alliwantis =
(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) ? $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] : null); if
(!is_null($alliwantis)) { // Do some stuff } ?> --- Outgoing mail is certified
Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version:
6.0.374 / Virus Database: 209 - Release Date: 7/9/02 -- For unsubscribe and
other options, including the Tip Harvester and archive of thelist go to:
http://lists.evolt.org Workers of the Web, evolt ! --__--__-- Message: 32 Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:49:02 -0500 From: Ken Kogler To: thelist Subject: [thelist]
SQL Server 2000 or

-------------------- </snip> and it goes on like that to the very end.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do myself, to restore a reasonable
amount of legibility (NT box) -- or what others could do to avoid creating
this?

Cheers --
Carol (techwatcher)