[thelist] Re: Mozilla 1.1a crashing (PC) Resolved +...

Timothy Martens timfm at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jul 16 22:02:01 CDT 2002

.jeff wrote

>try not using a # for the href attribute value.
>try "JavaScript://" instead.  also, be sure to
>add a "return false" to after calling the
>close() method.

Thanks Jeff -- that did it. Can you explain the difference between "#" ,
"/" , and "Javascript://" for hrefs?

Also, how does one know which methods (status(), close(), etc. etc.)
should have a return true or false or none? I found no reference to this
is the Window.close section (p714) of Flanagan's text (3rd ed.)?

 t.

<!--timothy martens
timfm at hawaii.rr.com-->