[thelist] Do we still need to say Download Acrobat Reader?

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Wed Jul 17 12:46:02 CDT 2002

On 7/17/02 9:26 AM, "Graham Bird" <gbird at cambridge.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How do people feel about the "Download Acrobat Reader from the Adobe
> website for free" convention?

That's a very good question!  I added the link/icon to a client's site
recently, mostly out of habit - though it took me like 15 minutes to find
the frikkin' page on Adobe (again).  I almost wonder if they hide it on
purpose - as in "You really don't need this anymore..."

Also, on OS X for the Mac, it'll open up any online PDF in Preview.app (an
application that can read pretty much anything) - as the PDF engine is
pretty much integrated into the OS...

HTH,

Chris.