[thelist] Accessible Links in an imagemap

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Fri Jul 19 10:59:01 CDT 2002

> If accessibility is high on your list of
> priorities

.. always :) ...

> perhaps you should rethink the use of Javascript
> for basic navigation, as it stops a certain
> audience -- those without Javascript-enabled
> browsers -- from accessing content.

I wasn't clear earlier - I'm not using this for navigation. I've got a map
of the world divided into regions, and each region pops up a window with
statistical data about that specific region. The map's too big to fit the
stats directly under or above the image, and still have it remain on one
screen in 800x600, which is our target resolution. This was what spawned the
idea of using the pop-ups.

Is there a better solution, besides layers (this needs to be 4.x compatible
and degrade nicely, and I never did like messing around with NN4 and
layers), that could work in this situation?

Thanks again, guys and gals.

--ken