[thelist] Fastest Search and Replace

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jul 19 12:54:01 CDT 2002

At 10:35 AM 7/19/2002, Jay Blanchard wrote:

>Is this all on Windoze? If so HomeSite has a util for doing folder wide S&R.
>Is is on *nix or BSD? AWK, SED, and GREP are your friends.

Jay...

OK - So I'm a bit too windows centric! hehehe

I'd like to dispute that Homesite is fine for this. I've had a ton of
problems with Homesite finding simple text strings, while TextPad has found
them. I just don't have any faith in the Homesite external search, much
less in search and replace.

YMMV

---
Anthony Baratta