[thelist] FrontPage Form 403.2 Error in NS4x

Aaron Cole awcole72 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 19 17:55:01 CDT 2002

Greetings All:

First of all, let me get this off my chest;

OH MY GOD, CAN I HATE FRONTPAGE ANYMORE?!

OK, now I feel somewhat better.

When submitted using NS 4.7, the form at this page:
http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/alumni/search.html

returns with a 403.2 HTTP error.

I've looked into the error itself and learned that it refers to permissions
not being set properly on the server or possibly a default file not being
present.  The problem with that is the form works fine on IE.

Whoever built this page used one of FP's tools to create the form, hence the
action in the opening form tag is bizarre.  The global search form at:
http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/search.html

uses the same type of code and works fine in NS4.7

I'm at a loss.  Have any of you experienced this before?  Any ideas?

TIA,
Aaron