[thelist] web site maintenance woes

Miriam miriam at members.evolt.org
Tue Jul 23 07:28:01 CDT 2002

> at www.anguillaguide.com - we use an open-source based content
> management system to allow non-tech users to add and edit, we have a
> permissions system that controls access to the parts they are allowed to
> edit, and the tag language is simple to learn. All they really need is
> the ability to add an image, designate a header 1, header 2, bold and
> add an email address or link.
>
> Images are handled by the code so they don't have to know how to resize,
> ftp, or do thumbnails.
>
> There's also a WYSIWYG client which makes adding information as easy as
> using a word processor.
>
> If you need more information send me an email,

Ooooh I'm putting together the intranet and am going to be facing the same
issues. Actually, I'd like to get them maintaining content on the real site,
too. Can you give me more information about what you're using? That sounds
delightful ---

thanks in advance!

Miriam

--
www.dynagirl.com
Your Ruby Satellite Control System since 1971